She's supposed to look like this:
I just got the kit yesterday so I just finished rinsing the parts after an overnight Ajax detergent dip and putting the parts together using iron wires. I also finished priming the parts using Bosny's grey primer but I haven't took a photo of her impaled limbs just yet. :)
Update as of 10/11/2010 @ 12:42 GMT+8
Done with the basic painting. About 90% complete. Just need to fill up some gaps with putty, stick the pyjama decals and of course, painting the eyes - the hardest part to paint in any garage kit. Wish me luck!
Update as of 10/17/2010 @ 09:40 GMT+8
Finally finished with her. Here the last few WIP pics. Thanks for viewing!
After applying the chalk pastels to give her lip more color, I then worked on the eyes. Eyes are my nightmare when building garage kits. I just discovered that I'm more comfortable with a fine point art pen. Oh, and I can use a plastic eraser to cleanly get rid of the lines in cash I made a mistake.
Next would be applying the pyjama decals. I actually applied and let the white parts of the pyjamas to cure a day before applying the decals. I just placed the decals haphazardly. Later on, I applied a layer of flat clear paint to protect the decals and seal them.
The head part is ready to go.
Next I've decided to work on while waiting for the paint to dry is the base. This is actually a black pastic base from one of my old PVC figures. I bore a couple of drill holes where I'll put the support for this GK, and painted it pink to complement Hanekawa's pink pyjamas.
This just came to me so I downloaded the simplest and elegant image I can find for her, 'shopped it with the anime's logo and printed it on sticker paper. Then I cut the piece carefully using my hobby knife and placed it on the base to give it a more unique and attractive look. I had some leftover cat decals from the PJ's so I just applied them to the base as well. I finally sealed them all in with a protective layer of flat clear.
Finally, some gallery images:
Thanks for viewing!